From Anne Kathrine Petteroe <yoji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nobody from the ASF is helping (ESME) sustain or build momentum or community
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 20:30:15 GMT
Could we please stop this discussion now and refocus on how we can
build a stronger community around ESME instead?

Some of us, me included, might have had expectations on what ASF could
do for us in terms of building a community.
The ASF tag hasn't helped me as much as I thought it would, I still
meet developers/managers who haven't even heard of the Apache
Foundation!
It has taken me three presentations in my company alone just to
explain to them what we are doing, and why they should free up time
and money for me to work on ESME. (which they have agreed to) Coming
from the enterprise world, building an open source community has
definitely not been as easy as I thought it would be, not quite sure
where to start since I cannot start with committing code.

David told the group some months ago he wouldn't be able to lead ESME
any longer, so his (low) level of contribution was expected.
At the same time I knew leading a project like this without developers
would be tough, so I wanted to take it easy for a while to see if
David would be able to free some time for ESME again once the book was
finished.

Hope there is a way we can all work *together* on this again..

/Anne