From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: Nobody from the ASF is helping (ESME) sustain or build momentum or community
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 17:35:41 GMT
On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 6:54 PM, David Pollak
<feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org>wrote:
> I expect real analysis and work on the part of the ASF.  This is the kind of
> value that the ESME project needs.  Are my expectations way out of line?

Yes. What you can expect from the ASF (the project mentors, actually),
on top of logistics and legal, is pull, not push. Ask questions, get
answers. Mentors' mileage may vary, but we are here to steward and
advise, not to have a (pro)active role. Unless we want, as volunteers,
do so.

That's a realistic expectation. Now, if you want to get more, you
might want to show some of you "experience in building open source
communities" and steer clear from bossing us.

--
Gianugo Rabellino
M: +44 779 5364 932 / +39 389 44 26 846