From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME @ CUFP
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:12:32 GMT
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Darren Hague <dhague@fortybeans.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking about it, but like Vassil I'm finding it hard to think about
> the explicitly functional parts - most of my contribution has been
> integrating Java-based search libraries in a more aspect-oriented than
> functional style. Also, I need to figure out logistics (admittedly not too
> hard - a weekend in Edinburgh could go down quite well).

The focus of the conference is *commercial* a lot more than functional.  I
think that a mixed Scala/Java project that's making inroads into the SAP
ecosystem is a powerful message that functional apps are on the rise in the
mainstream.

> Are there any costs associated with attending the conference, other than
> travel & accommodation?

There's a $125 admission fee to the conference (speakers are not comped, but
it's a non-profit conference sponsored by the ACM.)

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp