From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MetaMegaProtoUser Usage in ESME
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:07:59 GMT
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Hirsch, Richard
<richard.hirsch@siemens.com>wrote:

> I've been exploring lift and have found the MetaMegaProtoUser object (
> http://scala-tools.org/scaladocs/liftweb/1.0/net/liftweb/mapper/MetaMegaProtoUser.html)
> which actually has tons of functionality out-of-the-box regarding user
> registration.
>
> Could we use this functionality? Either in addition to OpenID or instead of
> OpenID?

The OpenID stuff sits on top of MetaMegaProtoUser (what moron named this
stuff?  Oh... right... it was me.)

What we need to do is abstract away the authentication method into another
table from the user and optionally allow a user to have multiple
authentication mechanisms (NTLM, Kerberos, OpenID, username/password).

My backlog sucks.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp