From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Favourite feed
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:03:27 GMT
> I still think having a separate feed is a cool idea..
> It allows you to follow what your following likes and it would free up the
> timeline for some of the RTs. (the RTs are essentially only a
> liking/favourting the tweet)

Twitter does have a favorites stream for a very long time (year and a
half?), it's just not being used very much by Twitter clients
(actually, I haven't seen even one to use it).

Alternatives in ESME:
- automatically resending messages based on certain criteria (action filters)
- replying to a message where you can add content is automatically
seen by all of your followers. I actually find this a bit clearer, as
I usually want to add something, but there's just no room in Twitter.
As I see it, this is exactly the point of the "via" keyword, but you
lose the quick link to the context.

If favorites are a good idea, then they could definitely be improved
from what's in Twitter. I for one don't like much multiple stacked
RT... RT... RT...

Let's see what we want and what we have in ESME... Maybe the wording
of what's already there does not convey the right message (pun not
intended)?