From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Esme Presentation...? [WAS Re: The current state of ESME]
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:52:44 GMT
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Hirsch, Richard
<richard.hirsch@siemens.com> wrote:
> Just committed additional content. Tried to fill in presentation with some more meat.

looks good from first run through :-)

i plan to go through it again mid-afternoon

> What do we want on slide 3?

a good question :-)

maybe "TODO" - adding a touch of humour but also allows us to look to the future

<aside>
one of the today's meme's for me is that GSOC works because it breaks
out work into projects which people can pick up and do with mentoring.
the current development pattern at Apache works fine for people who
have decided they really want to contribute or who have their own
itch's to scratch. the pattern ignores those who are vaguley
interested in general but haven't any definite plans. i think breaking
out bitesized development projects with mentoring may help to fill
this gap.
</aside>

so, maybe a list of project ideas would work well as a way of showing
where Esme is going

- robert