From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Esme Presentation...? [WAS Re: The current state of ESME]
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:15:48 GMT
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
>> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ...i'll be at ApacheConEU. the
>>> FastFeather track is a good way to attract interest within Apache -
>>> the crowds are small but influential. i think we could pull together a
>>> talk which either myself or Bertrand could give....
>
> Got the answer ApacheCon Planners: the FastFeather track as we know it
> is not happening this year in Amsterdam, but the place for last-minute
> talks is the BarCamp (http://barcamp.org/BarCampApache) which is
> colocated with ApacheCon, Tuesday March 23rd.
>
> I won't be there unfortunately, arriving in Amsterdam Tuesday evening
> only due to other commitments.

i'll be there, and also at BarCampApacheOxford a week or so later. if
the community thinks that it's worthwhile and could find time to help
me write something over the next week or so, then i'd be happy to talk
about Esme.

opinions?

if we want to give this a try, i prefer to use S5 which is based on
HTML, CSS and JavaScript. being text, it plays well with version
control systems. this makes it easier to collaborate on presentations.
it's pubilc domain so there'd be no problem checked into the apache
repository as documentation. alternatively, i use a google project for
creative commons presentations so that's another place the content
could be developed.

opinions?

- robert