From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject ESME Groups
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:10:29 GMT
The results of David and my pub-based design session are now in the
Apache ESME wiki:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/ESME+Groups

Yes, this is just a photo of a notebook page right now. I will decrypt
this and update the wiki, but we were basically riffing on how to
implement the group/pool ideas we all thrashed out here on the list a
few weeks ago, in combination with a security model which will not
cripple system performance (not a trivial idea).

Step 1, I think, will be to implement a Security Manager concept which
can be applied to the reading/writing of messages. Following on from
this, we can build the internals of the Security Manager implementation
- this will utilise the group concept. In parallel, it would be good if
the UI guys can start thinking about how users would create/edit
groups.  As an initial idea for actually sending the messages, simple
Twitter-like d- and @-syntax can be used to refer to groups as well as
users.

Thoughts, anyone?

Cheers,