From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: Other twitter functionality to implement
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:21:38 GMT
The use of RabbitMQ might change the problem with deleting messages that are located in a federated
environment. I could send notification to the federated network that a ESME message is being
deleted and then those systems that have the message could act accordingly. Of course, this
would require some sort of message id that is unique across all ESME servers.

D.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ethan Jewett [mailto:esjewett@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. März 2009 18:18
An: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Other twitter functionality to implement

Case in point - the OpenMicroBlogging protocol that La.coni.ca supports
doesn't appear to allow for deletion of messages sent to federated sites.
http://openmicroblogging.org/protocol/0.1/

It appears that while La.coni.ca itself supports deletion of messages. This
would have no effect on messages posted to federated systems unless they
were only displayed as a link to the originating system (which the protocol
doesn't appear to require).

Sounds like a pretty hard problem.

Ethan