From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject Other twitter functionality to implement
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:34:16 GMT
I was exploring the Twitter REST API and was comparing to what we
currently support. Although there is some functionality (favorites,
block, etc.), there are still some functionality that is open.

What about supporting the deletion of messages?

* statuses/destroy
Destroys the status specified by the required ID parameter.  The
authenticating user must be the author of the specified status.

I know this currently isn't possible in ESME but I think it is a
functionality that is useful. Of course, the inclusion of pools would
influence the future implementation (think of pools in which messages
can't be deleted based on compliance reasons) but until we have
developed pools, the deletion of messages would still be useful.

Added a Jira item for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-51

Thoughts?

D.