From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: The current state of ESME
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 13:21:13 GMT

<snip>
i'll try to spread the word a little. i'll be at ApacheConEU. the
FastFeather track is a good way to attract interest within Apache -
the crowds are small but influential. i think we could pull together a
talk which either myself or Bertrand could give.
</snip>

That would be great. If you need some material on ESME, we have enough from various sources.

D.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Robert Burrell Donkin [mailto:robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 09. März 2009 14:05
An: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: The current state of ESME

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Darren Hague <dhague@fortybeans.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I think that this year will be slow, but will pick up a lot of momentum over
> the summer. We have the conference season coming up, which will raise
> awareness. I am sure that David will be mentioning ESME during his various
> presentations, and there are bound to be people with extra time over the
> summer who will be looking to learn Scala and Lift, and there is no better
> way to do that than with involvement in an active project. We represent a
> compelling proposition for those developers: we are an Apache-based project,
> and the principal behind Lift is on board - what better place to learn the
> ropes?

+1

if this is the deal on offer, then i think it'd sell ;-)

most lists have lots of developers who have to grudgingly break away
from the code to help new contributors

i have a general interested in messaging and a strong intersection
with the analytics stuff that Emse may do one day (which links into
Hama, James, Hadoop). i should have a little more time from next week.
i'm not promising that i'll have a long term commitment and have a lot
of other projects that are going to take my time but maybe just a
little more development help would be useful to cover the slow period
into the summer.

i'll try to spread the word a little. i'll be at ApacheConEU. the
FastFeather track is a good way to attract interest within Apache -
the crowds are small but influential. i think we could pull together a
talk which either myself or Bertrand could give.

- robert