From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject Re: Other twitter functionality to implement
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:46:32 GMT
I think there's a distinction to be made here between mutable objects and mutable data - or
are you saying that SQL UPDATE is inherently evil? ;-)

To preserve object immutability, a copy of the message object with "deleted=true" could be
created, and this could replace the previous message in people's mailboxes as a side-effect
of the method which updates the message record in the database. Put another way, a mailbox
which receives a "deleted=true" message would cause a matter/antimatter-like annihilation
of the original message.

Cheers,
Darren

--