From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sprints don't work (was: Sprint 1 Results)
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:02:32 GMT
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Darren Hague <dhague@fortybeans.com> wrote:
> I like the idea of a hybrid model - namely, every planned feature & task goes into
JIRA, but we choose and tag a set of primary & secondary tasks for the current sprint.
The idea is to encourage developers to choose and assign to themselves primary tasks where
possible, and secondary tasks otherwise. Keeping a regular sprint schedule gives a nice pace
& rhythm to the project, and the looming end of a sprint can often be a spur to find a
bit of extra time to complete a task - I think this helps to keep the momentum of the project
going, especially since we have a very small community at this stage.

sounds good

- robert