From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Excellent REST API Suggestion from Ethan Jewett
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:30:59 GMT
I've posted the design from the blog post on the wiki at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/RESTAPI
Feel free to go to town on it :-)

I'll be checking in a bit over the weekend, hopefully. I think there were
some additional methods suggested that could be added to the wiki.

Ethan

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Anne Kathrine Petteroe
<yojibee@gmail.com>wrote:

> I will take care of creating the wiki tomorrow.
> I wanted to do it tonight, but then my Facebook group against the new Terms
> of Service got slightly out of hand so I had to spend my evening taking care
> of that instead.
>

> On 16. feb.. 2009, at 16.28, Ethan Jewett wrote:
>
>  Sounds good then.  So can someone who has access to the wiki take the
>> contents of the blog post (not the Google doc) and put it up there for
>> people to start working with?  I'll be able to participate in comments and
>> on the mailing list.  Once I get around to the iCLA I'll be able to
>> participate directly.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ethan
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 7:17 AM, David Pollak <
>> feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com
>>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>  Folks,
>>> The reason that we need an iCLA is that we have to trace IP ownership for
>>> every line of code that goes into ESME.  Working around the system will
>>> not
>>> help a whole lot as I'm not going to create create code from material
>>> designs done outside of the Apache process because then I'm on the hook
>>> if
>>> someone decides to assert intellectual property rights (I'm a lawyer by
>>> training and my wife's an IP litigator and I take these things very
>>> seriously.)
>>>
>>> I would very much like Ethan's assistance in this process.  He's
>>> definitely
>>> got a good handle on the whole REST thing, but without an iCLA, I'll take
>>> his blog post along with the contents of the RESTful Web Services book
>>> along
>>> with input from others in order to synthesize the correct REST api.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> David
>>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 5:30 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com>
>>> wrote: