From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject RE: [UI] data model and functionality
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:01:50 GMT
Bill,

Thanks for this - it codifies nicely many of the thoughts around ESME functionality.  I will
comment in more detail later, but here are a few things to go on with:

1. I think this post would go very well in the Wiki - people could comment there, and any
necessary changes can be made in-place. Perhaps we can set up email notification of any comments/changes
so that they get posted to this list, so as to keep people involved.

2. To address "jumping the walls of privacy" we could allow groups to be members of other
groups. This means that a user wanting to make a message available to Group1 and Group2 could
simply create a new group, "Group1and2" and add Group1 and Group2 as members.

3. I agree that word-frequency clouds should go. They were a great idea, but one that simply
didn't work out in practice - common words (mostly "I") tended to dominate, and eliminating
such common words would be a whack-a-mole task.

Cheers,
Darren