From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: Next Sprint
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:53:41 GMT
I agree that Jira is probably best place to base the sprints. I think the current tasks are
too broad.

For example, ESME-6  ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-6 ) is "Support for Twitter
API".  Should we break this down into smaller Jira tasks. If you look at the official wiki
from twitter (http://apiwiki.twitter.com/REST+API+Documentation), there are already categories
("Status Methods", "User Methods", etc.). That might be easier.

Ideas?

P.S. I also like the way the twitter wiki is structured to document their REST API. Maybe
we can use it as a basis for our documentation.

D.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Vassil Dichev [mailto:vdichev@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Februar 2009 07:08
An: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Next Sprint

> I read that David isn't going to have a lot of time for this sprint.
> What about Vassil and Darren?

As usual, I have a moderate amount of time in the hours after son goes
to sleep :)

> Besides the obvious choice of work on the UI (where we are way behind),
> REST API and Twitter API, does anyone else have other suggestions.

Twitter API is what I'm going to concentrate on, my todo list there is
fairly big and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. Besides,
most other tasks influence all of ESME (groups, permissions), so it's
necessary for more than one person to agree on how we want it
implemented.

To summarize my view on the topic of whether sprints are useful- like
Darren, I also think it's beneficial to set some short-term goals,
even if we're not 100% successful. One planning problem here is that
everyone is moving at a different pace every sprint. Prioritized lists
would be of real help here. JIRA could fit quite nicely in this case,
I think.