From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New committers (was: Apache Licenses)
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:30:42 GMT
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Considering the effort put by Anne into ESME and the fact that she was
> one of the presenters in DemoJam alongside Richard Hirsch, I'd have no
> reservations recommending/voting for her....

Note that any ESME PPMC members (that's all committers and mentors
currently) can start a vote...as a mentor, I don't want to interfere
too much ;-)

See http://markmail.org/message/623lxa4bn6jsrdui for an example
committer vote (note the [VOTE] subject marker), and the official
instructions are at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html,
"Voting in a new committer". Note the dual-voting in this case, as the
ESME PPMC is under responsibility of the Incubator PMC it's the latter
who holds the official vote for committership. That slows down things
a bit but is usually not an issue, and if 3 mentors who are Incubator
PMC mentors vote +1 here it's really only a formality.

As I said, most project hold such votes on the PPMC private mailing
list, but as everybody seems to agree in this case the vote can take
place here if you prefer.

-Bertrand