From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Publically editable wiki
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:58:49 GMT
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:
>...I wanted to know about the ICLA process in order
> to follow it and have no intention of circumventing it. E.g. the ESME
> site was created by Dick, but uploaded by Bertrand, so there must be
> perfectly clean ways for someone like Dick to contribute. I wanted to
> know where to draw the line....

In this case, Dick, when updating his patches to ESME-2, checked the
"grant license to ASF" option, visible at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12410470
- that makes it fine for a committer to apply those patches.

There's no such option for wiki content unfortunately, AFAIK.

Still, when someone starts updating lots of patches (whatever that
means) in this way, projects usually ask them to submit an iCLA - it's
also a good way to make people aware that their contributions might
help them become a committer at some point.

-Bertrand