From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject New committers (was: Apache Licenses)
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:21:55 GMT
Hi Anne,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Anne Kathrine Petteroe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...is there anything else I need to do now?
> For instance what do I have to do to become a commiter?...

The ESME PPMC (that's currently all mentors + committers) can vote
committers in according to "voting in a new committer" at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html

Usually that happens when someone has made significant contributions
to the project here at Apache, but that's up to the PPMC to decide.
IIUC you've been involved in ESME before, so if the other committers
would like to have you as an additional committer based on that,
that's probably ok in this initial phase of Apache ESME.

Most projects discuss new committers on their private list first (that
would be esme-private for us), to allow people to express themselves
freely in private. That's not a hard rule though.

To summarize: if the current ESME committers would like to invite more
committers, let's talk about it, preferably on the private list at
first.

-Bertrand