From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheConEU 2009 ...? [WAS Re: [Travel Assistance] Applications for ApacheCon EU 2009 - Now Open]
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:40:58 GMT
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Anne,
>
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Anne Kathrine Petteroe
> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...Would it make sense for me to come only for a day or two?...
>
> I think so, the conference topics are fairly broad, and the planners
> try to schedule similar topics on the same day. Schedule overview is
> at http://eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/schedule/grid, you might find a
> day that's more interesting than others for you.
>
> In the evening, projects can request space to hold informal "birds of
> a feather" session, it might be good to have one about ESME if several
> of us are there. See
> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherEu09

also of interest might be http://eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/schedule/events

the Monday and Tuesday have the hackathon (as  well as training)

the key signing is on the 25th. apache releases are signed by the
release manager (http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html). this
is a good way to get linked into the apache WOT (see
http://people.apache.org/~henkp
http://people.apache.org/~henkp/trust/apache.html).

- robert