From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESMEMailet: send eMails to ESME - first user & Install guide published
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 08:15:18 GMT
<snip>

On 1/8/09, Hirsch, Richard
>>is the code coming to apache?
> Not yet. It is currently being moved to the Google Code rep.  It isn't part
> of the ESME core, so it is currently located in the external rep.

If the developers are keen on the idea, I could see what the PMC
thinks about bringing it to James. Can't promise but it would be
in-scope and - providing the code history is clear - just use a
software grant.

>>what did you want to do with JMS?
> I'd like to have the ability to send an ESME message and have a bot pass it
> to via JMS to other applications. I see JMS integration as another way to
> bring ESME into the current enterprise application landscape. If this
> integration is already part of james, I don't want to reinvent the wheel but
> re-use existing Apache-based functionality as much as possible.

IIRC this use case should be already supported in 3.0 (in a limited
way - just JMS rather than additional camel and geronimo integration).
If there's interest, then it might be possible to move the code out
into a separate releasable product.

With a bit of luck I'll be able find some time the weekend to take a look...

>>BTW perhaps http://blog.esme.us/ should be added to www.planetapache.org
> To whom must we talk to be added to the planetapache blog?

No one :-)

It's offshore and is defined by documents in subversion. Every
committer should have the private committers repository checked out.
It's explained in there (together with a lot of other useful stuff).

Robert

Robert

Robert