From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESMEMailet: send eMails to ESME - first user & Install guide published
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 20:28:05 GMT
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Hirsch, Richard
<richard.hirsch@siemens.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,

hi richard

(i'm subscribing to the dev list so feel free to drop the CC)

> We talked about an ESME Mailet in December on the General Incubator mailing list.

(i took a bit deeper look into ESME - and read 'Initial Comments About
the ESME' which is really pretty cool - and some of the possible
future directions. i think we may share interests in common - some of
which i hope to pursue once i'm on sabbatical - but maybe i'll leave
this for another thread...)

> I just wanted to inform you that Daniel has created the first version (see below).

great :-)

is the code coming to apache?

> In the email thread from Dec., you mentioned a JMS integration for James. Is this available
now?

depends on what you mean by integration and which version :-)

the 2.x is the mature stable branch but new features are not being
developed for it. version 3 has a lot of new features (two years
worth) but is not yet mature or stable enough to be considered
production ready.

full integration means creating a replacement spool using camel
(probably) but there are some complexities about unique mail
identities (plus some legacy design) to be sorted out. work hasn't
start on this yet

minimal integration (JMS bridge) is working in trunk

what did you want to do with JMS?

BTW perhaps http://blog.esme.us/ should be added to www.planetapache.org

- robert