From "David Pollak" <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Details from Stax Load test
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 04:54:54 GMT
Dick,
Unfortunately, Tomcat is very weak when it comes to support for long
polling.  One way or another, that's going to hurt us until Tomcat supports
the Servlet 3.0 spec.  I prefer using Jetty because the Jetty team has led
the way in support of long polling style coding.  This year, NetWeaver's
going to catch up.  I certainly hope Tomcat catches up soon too, but I think
it's important to demonstrate how ESME will perform using the right
environment (one that's been designed for applications like ESME) rather
than a lowest common denominator, like Tomcat.

Thanks,

David

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:01 PM, Hirsch, Richard <richard.hirsch@siemens.com