From "David Pollak" <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The ESME to-do list
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 18:11:10 GMT
Dan,

Sure thing.  I'll try to get that into the upcoming sprint.

What should the package root be?  org.apache.esme?

Also, can you send me the exact text that needs to appear in the headers
(the copyright text)?

Thanks,

David

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> "apache"
> requirements.   I see the apache header is in place on some of the code
> (but
> not all, more work needs to be done there), which is good, but package
> names
> and stuff are still not "org.apache".   While not required right now (since
> you just entered the incubator), it is something that should be done prior
> graduation.   Thus, the to-do list needs to include discusions about how to
> do that migration, when is the appropriate time (possibly closer to
> graduation, not now), how to engage users to minimize impacts,  etc....
>
> Again, none of that needs to be done "right now", but it should be on your
> list to make sure it doesn't get lost.
>
> Dan
>

> On Wednesday 07 January 2009 7:21:45 pm David Pollak wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Sorry about the delay in wrapping this thread up.  As some of you know,
> I'm
> > writing a technical book (I'll let you know title and subject once APress
> > accepts the manuscript and makes the book public, but you all can
> probably
> > figure it out) and the first three chapters were due 1/5.
> >
> > Based on the volunteers, etc., Here's the work-team list:
> >
> >    - Bill will lead the UI efforts and work with Mrinal and Anne on the
> Air
> >    and HTML clients.
> >    - I'll work with Vassil on REST API, internal msg routing, access
> >    control, and plugins.  Any assistance Darren can lend would be
> > appreciated. We'll divy up the work and designs among us.
> >    - Darren will work on search (you did volunteer for this didn't you?)
> >    - I'll work on federation
> >
> > Let's do a sprint from 1/12-1/30 (three weeks) with a sprint-planning
> call
> > Thursday (1/8) or Friday (1/9).
> >
> > How does that sound?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 6:32 AM, David Pollak
> > <feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com
> >
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > It was on my to do list to wrap up this thread, but I was kidnapped by
> 4
> > > year old twin elves.  Good thing t-mobile has a good signal at the
> north
> > > pole. :-)
> > >
> > > Merry Christmas.
> > >
> > > On Dec 25, 2008 4:36 AM, "Bill Fernandez" <bill@billfernandez.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Richard--
> > >
> > > Thank you for the kind words.  Yes, I'd like to complete the design I
> > > sketched out for ESME.  I'm waiting for David (or someone else) to act
> as
> > > project leader and coordinate all our efforts.
> > >
> > > Happy holidays,
> > > Bill
> > >
> > > At 7:59 AM +0100 12/16/08, Hirsch, Richard wrote: > > Bill, > >
Thanks

Collaborative Task Management http://much4.us
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp