From "David Pollak" <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: The ESME to-do list
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 04:41:49 GMT
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Bill Fernandez <bill@billfernandez.com>wrote:

> David et al, some questions:
>
> o How does a sprint work?

At the beginning of the sprint, we all commit to the tasks that we'll
complete complete by the end of the sprint based on the prioritized list of
tasks.  We don't have the prioritized list (backlog) right now, but I'm
pretty sure we can figure out what the key tasks are.

> o What is a sprint-planning call?

Where we choose the tasks.

> o How do I participate (I assume I'm supposed to)?

We'll find a time that we can all call into a conference call.  Darren has a
good international service that's worked well in the past.

> o You gave a date, but what time of day (and in what timezone)?

Probably early morning our time (western US) so we can sync with the
European and Indian participants.

> o Do we know yet what the goals are for the UI?

Dunno.  I think the vote was that we'd dive right into building something
based on your spec.

> o It's been mentioned recently in one of the emails that there were some
> (presumably important) features missing from my UI write-up. Are those the
> thing I mentioned as being unfinished, or are there other things I didn't
> cover?  And if so, can someone give me a list?
>
> o Any guidance/guesses on how Mrinal, Anne and I should split up the work?

I think you guys should huddle (maybe on Skype), get to know each other's
strengths and let things settle out from there.

> o What's the status of the installation, administration, maintenance,
> troubleshooting, etc. UIs?

Right now, the UI is very broken.  You can do a build with Maven and Java
installed on your machine, but that's about it.

> o I see on the CC list "esme-dev@incubator.apache.org".  Am I on this
> list?

I don't know.

>  Am I supposed to be?

Yes, please.

> o What if I want to change my email address on this list - how do I do
> that?

I don't know.

> o Do we all get Apache foundations email addresses we're supposed to
> monitor?  If so, what's mine and what are the access parameters?

My email address was given to me when I signed a CLA (contributor license
agreement.)  My apache.org email forward to my gmail account.  Have you
signed a CLA?  If not, I think Darren can help with that.

> o What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything.... ;-)

42 :-)

Thanks,

David

Collaborative Task Management http://much4.us