From "David Pollak" <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Thoughts on building a business around ESME
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 23:18:16 GMT
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 3:50 AM, Darren Hague <dhague@fortybeans.com> wrote:

> I think that a useful lever for ESME adoption would be to make sure that
> Twitter (& Yammer?) integration is built-in - in other words, ESME should be
> usable as a Twitter client, so people can access their wider network. Once
> this is under way, integrating local users becomes easier.
>
> A useful default would be for users to specify their Twitter ID on
> registration/first login, and this would be their ESME ID too - @xyz would
> then work seamlessly. We would then need a convention for specifiying
> local-only users (i.e. those who do not have a Twitter account) - perhaps
> @_abcd or something similar.

Very cool idea.  You're suggesting "embrace and extend"... did you ever work
for Microsoft?

I think federation and portable identities (e.g., my personal ESME persona
and my work ESME persona, each served from different machines, share
non-protected messages)

Collaborative Task Management http://much4.us
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp