From "David Pollak" <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Conference calls, skype, etc...friendly remember that everything must happen on this list
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 14:47:12 GMT
Bertrand,
As you can see from the non-trivial amount of ESME chatter, we do make
decisions on the list.

>From the first days of the ESME project, we've also had scrum calls.  These
calls are not so much decision-making as they are synchronization points.
 They allow us a higher bandwidth form of communications that allow us to
"get a vibe" of the challenges that team members are facing and also to
cheer different team members on.  These were extremely valuable tools during
certain amazingly tough pushes (like the 3 weeks before the first public
demo of ESME which took place in front of 6,000 people.)

We are respecting the spirit and the letter of the Apache rules, but we are
also keeping to our various time-tested rituals that have helped forge the
ESME team.

Thanks,

David

Collaborative Task Management http://much4.us