From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RSS actions - possible bug when changing contents of feed
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:55:19 GMT
> Not sure if this is the right forum, but I was very excited to get an RSS
> pull of my Twitter feed set up on Richard Hirsh's Stax deployment (
> http://esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net/) of the latest ESME
> code.  Actions could be the killer feature of ESME.  But I'm getting ahead
> of myself.

Yes, this is the right mailing list. It's amazing how you found out
about the feed actions the moment it's up.

> I did a little bit of refinement of the original Yahoo Pipe I was using and

Very cool stuff, I'm interested to see where it goes!

> At this point I'm wondering if some supporting batch program might have
> crashed on the ESME stax deployment.  If so, I'm wondering if it crashed
> because of the change in the feed.  This would probably be a bug, but I'd
> like to confirm before I create a JIRA ticket.

It's surely a bug, but might be a known one, and maybe even fixed in
trunk. I did a couple of changes to the feed fetching mechanism last
week so that it's more flexible when the format is not as expected.

Right now, you could either check out trunk and see if it works for
you or you could let me know what the feed is so that I can test it. I
suggest you send me the feed, since you'll probably have to do that
anyway if trunk doesn't work.

Thanks for your feedback,
Vassil