From Anne Kathrine Petteroe <yoji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Web UI options
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:59:17 GMT

On 7. jan.. 2009, at 10.32, Vassil Dichev wrote:

> Generally I shouldn't be trusted about UI decisions, but it doesn't
> seem that working on something that will be discarded shortly will pay
> off. Any pros for using intermediary UI?

Pros would be that I need a better looking UI for demo purposes.
First of all I have had an interview lined up for 5 weeks already,
which I have had to cancel twice because of problems with the COIL
server.
Now that the COIL server is no longer there, I don't have an instance
where I can show off ESME with a better looking UI.
Not sure for how much longer I can postpone it.

Secondly, my company is very interested in investing in ESME this
year, but they don't want to take a second look at it until we have a
more contemporary UI than the current one. I feel it would be a pity
to throw away a possibility for an investement only because we didn't
have a UI.
We don't have any competitors here, so if we really want to, we can
make it happen.

- Anne