From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject Re: Scrum call summary (authentication section)
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 21:26:47 GMT
So long as it's pluggable (i.e. the built-in OpenID support can be
disabled or simply not used), then we should be fine.

The problem with implementing an OpenID JAAS module is that it requires
access to the HTTP Response object in the login module to achieve the
OpenID redirect. As far as I know, that is only possible using SAP's
J2EE engine at this stage (JAAS is not restricted to web applications
and only SAP have added a pair of callbacks to give access to the HTTP
request/response).

I have implemented such a login module already, but because of this
restriction, it only works with SAP NetWeaver at this point.

- Darren