From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject Re: AW: Thoughts on building a business around ESME
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 11:50:53 GMT
I think that a useful lever for ESME adoption would be to make sure that
Twitter (& Yammer?) integration is built-in - in other words, ESME
should be usable as a Twitter client, so people can access their wider
network. Once this is under way, integrating local users becomes easier.

A useful default would be for users to specify their Twitter ID on
registration/first login, and this would be their ESME ID too - @xyz
would then work seamlessly. We would then need a convention for
specifiying local-only users (i.e. those who do not have a Twitter
account) - perhaps @_abcd or something similar.

Along with this, of course, we need to implement the
personal/group/local/global permissions model.

- Darren