From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Lift 0.10
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 04:37:45 GMT
Congrats to the Lift team.

We can't wait to get Lift 0.10 and Lift 1.0 working in ESME. We think ESME is a great example
of the benefits that Lift can bring to application development inside and outside the enterprise.

Keep up the good work.

D.

________________________________

From: David Pollak [mailto:feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com]
Sent: Wed 1/14/2009 23:56
To: liftweb; Scala list; esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [ANN] Lift 0.10

Folks,

After many months of "breaking changes", the Lift team is proud to announce
Lift 0.10.  Lift 0.10 has frozen APIs and barring any material problems, the
0.10 APIs will be the same as the upcoming 1.0 APIs.  We're planning to
release 1.0 at the end of February.

Lift is an expressive and elegant framework for writing web
applications. Lift stresses the importance of security, maintainability,
scalability and performance while allowing for high levels of developer
productivity. Lift is a Scala web framework.

Over the next 6 weeks, the Lift team will be focusing effort on cleaning up
some Lift internals, improving performance, improving documentation, and a
new Lift web site.
There are a ton of people who have contributed to Lift over the last two
years by writing code, by writing documentation, by asking questions, by
building Lift-based apps, and by participating in the Lift community.  I
would like to extend special thanks to some folks who have made Lift 0.10
both possible and awesome:

   - Marius... he's an awesome developer who has amazing vision and
   understanding of what Lift is and should be.  If I got hit by a bus, Marius
   could continue to drive the Lift code base forward.
   - DavidB provides great structure and process to Lift.  He runs the
   scala-tools.org site and keeps all the dependencies and pieces of Lift
   and the greater Scala/Maven ecosystem humming.
   - Jorge's calm, deliberative way helps bring the needs of all users into
   perspective.
   - Derek's JPA contributions have moved Lift into a place where it can
   play in non-greenfield apps.
   - Tyler's energy is infectious.
   - Tim's energy is properly infectious.
   - Derek, Marius, and Tyler have conspired to deliver some excellent Lift
   bookage for those who can convert LyX to PDF.
   - Charles who delivers apps and asks questions.
   - Debby who is bringing her legendary cat-herding skills to the Lift
   committers.

So, as we spirit Lift through the final part of the beta process, thank you
all for participating in the community.

Changes in this version include:

New features:
o A Currency class
o Added a nifty mechanism for stateful form management (Hoot)
o Added fix CSS support
o Added support for other JS libraries
o Added JSON forms support
o Added PayPal Integration module

Changes:
o Consolidate LiftRules
o Added HTTP authentication support
o Upgrade to Scala 2.7.3
o Upgrade to Scalacheck 1.5
o Upgrade to Specs 1.4.0
o Added Record/Field generic support
o Changed Can to Box
o Changed RequestState to Req
o Updated LiftView to be more syntactically pleasing
o Fixed a bug with how RequestVars and traits work
o Enhanced the DateTime inputs
o First pass at complete PayPal ITN and PDT stuff
o Refactoring of the PayPal stuff
o Updated to jQuery 1.2.6
o Redesigned Gavatar widget

Thanks,