From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Details from Stax Load test
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 07:01:21 GMT

for future reference.

D.

________________________________

From: David Pollak [mailto:feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 1/8/2009 06:32
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Details from Stax Load test

Dick,
Tomcat is a less than optimal platform for high concurrent load.  It does
not have the same continuations mechanism that Jetty has.  All my high load
tests are done on Jetty.  With that being said, ESME's long polling for the
HTTP APIs does not take advantage of Jetty's continuations yet.  That's on
my to-do list, but to date has not been a high priority.

Another issue is that there's a problem with Scala Actors and memory in
Scala 2.7.2.  The Scala team is releasing Scala 2.7.3 this week or next to
cure the memory problems.

Also, the continuations that Jetty currently supports are part of the
Servlet 3.0 spec and should be part of NetWeaver this year.

Thanks,

David

--
Lift, the simply functional web framework http://liftweb.net <http://liftweb.net/>