From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Minutes of Apache ESME Scrum call (15/01/2009)
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:33:44 GMT
On Friday 16 January 2009 5:23:30 am Vassil Dichev wrote:
> > 8. Vassil: look at what other microblogging tools (Yammer, etc.) and
> > what sort native functionality they offer which is external. The idea is
> > to see what other functionality could be rolled into the action
> > functionality
>
> Some of the tasks involve documenting stuff and I have a question
> regarding the wikis:
>
> - What's the difference between wiki.apache.org and cwiki.apache.org?

wiki is an ancient version of MoinMoin

cwiki is confluence

The MAIN difference is that cwiki supports permissions and thus can be setup
so only ICLA filers can edit/create content and thus cwiki can be used for
official, redistributable documentation and content, wiki cannot.

> - Where is it better to document ESME-specific functionality?

If it's real documentation, then cwiki.

> - How do I get edit rights for these wikis? I've already registered in both

If the ICLA is filed, send me your cwiki id and I'll add you to the
appropriate group in cwiki.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org