From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The ESME to-do list
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 18:20:34 GMT
On Thursday 08 January 2009 1:11:10 pm David Pollak wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Sure thing.  I'll try to get that into the upcoming sprint.
>
> What should the package root be?  org.apache.esme?

Yep.  That's fine.

> Also, can you send me the exact text that needs to appear in the headers
> (the copyright text)?

/**
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
 * or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file
 * distributed with this work for additional information
 * regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file
 * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
 * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
 * software distributed under the License is distributed on an
 * "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
 * KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the
 * specific language governing permissions and limitations
 * under the License.
 */

Note: it's a license text, NOT a copyright text.  For full information: (since
you are one of those lawyer types ;-)
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

I haven't looked at what gets produced from the builds yet, but the
jars/wars/zips/tars/whatever would need to have a LICENSE and NOTICE file
added (in META-INF for the jar things) along with the incubator disclaimer
(until you graduate):

Apache ESME is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software
Foundation (ASF). Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects
until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications,
and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with
other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily
a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does
indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org