From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pretty scathing critique of our REST API
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 07:45:34 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 6:11 AM, David Pollak
<feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...While technically correct, that the ESME APIs are not pure REST, barring
> some study of the problems we're trying to solve and some suggestions about
> how to solve them in a more RESTful manner, I think it's just a bunch of
> folks who like to grumble about how uncool others are....

FWIW, I had a quick look at
http://code.google.com/p/esmeproject/wiki/REST_API_Documantation and I
agree with the comments by jmettraux and dehora there - it would be
more correct to call that API an HTTP/XML API.

Doesn't mean the API is not cool, of course - but things like "GET
/api/logout == destroy current session" make it easy for REST
advocates to complain ;-)

-Bertrand