From "David Pollak" <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ESME-dev] The ESME to-do list
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:48:06 GMT
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Daniel Koller <dakoller@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> thx for putting these tasks: which not coding related tasks do you see
> coming up?

I think there will be an installation guide that needs to be written.

Also... and this is a tough one to quantify, but I think there needs to be
an ESME best-practices guide.  It's very hard to describe this thing, but
the ESME champions within an organization have to set the tone of ESME use
and get folks in their organization jazzed about using ESME.  This is a tall
and difficult order because ESME is obvious to micromessaging users (think
about how challenging it is for Anne or Dennis to describe ESME's value...
it often comes down to "it's great and you have to trust me.")  So, the
whole process of onboarding enough people such that the ESME instance
reaches critical mass is important for success and the tone of the messages
is important for service longevity (think about how many corporate wikis
have failed because nobody gardens them and pulls the weeds.)

So, those are the non-programming tasks that I've got in mind, but there may
be others.