From "David Pollak" <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenMicroBlogging protocol
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:55:09 GMT
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Hirsch, Richard <
richard.hirsch@siemens.com> wrote:

> I've been reading some material regarding the OpenMicroBlogging protocol
> which is associated with Identi.ca? Should we support the protocol as well?
>
> Here is a link to its description: http://openmicroblogging.org/

Most definitely.  I want to support an unauthenticated open microblogging
protocol.  I've also been working on a cryptographically secure
microblogging protocol (Social Material) that has a lot of features we'll
need in the enterprise including cryptographically secure message passing
(including passing messages through an untrusted third party),
cryptographically secure access control (in order to replicate secure pools
of messages across servers, there has the be a mutual key exchange) and
whitelist/blacklist of external servers to avoid pollution of public pools.

But yes, we should support the open microblogging protocol as well as the
Twitter APIs (both consuming and producing.)

Collaborative Task Management http://much4.us
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp