From "Vassil Dichev" <vdic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The ESME to-do list
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:46:52 GMT
Hello all,

There are a couple of things I wanted to address:

* How would we go about implementing the changes from the to-do list:
which are better developed in a separate branch and which in trunk?
David also mentioned git, should we use that for experimentation?

* Regarding timeline: maybe we should first specify which are the
priority tasks and then it would be easier to follow with timelines.
I'm OK with not being able to stick to a timeline strictly, that
doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make one.

* Regarding the development process: scrum is great, but might not
work so well when the group is distributed around the world time
zones, and it only scales insofar as the ability to split work to
small teams. Any ideas on a process we could use and preferred method
of communication to consolidate changes- besides ESME itself, of
course ;-) ?

* Regarding the target group: maybe it's a good idea to target ESME
not exclusively to enterprise users. People have different ideas about
what can be useful to them, maybe they find ESME's features
appropriate for use outside of the corporate environment. Who knows
what will come out of that...

> Yes. Oops. That was a result of quick typing and a brain half asleep.

Err, talk about quick typing, this is not exactly what I meant either:
"I think I'm the only one who hasn't seen anyone of the team in
person, and I owe this in a significant part to micro-messaging.". I
meant to say that *despite* the fact I haven't met any of you, I got
in touch with you and we are able to work together- thanks to
micro-messaging (in this case, Twitter).

Best Regards,
Vassil