From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Pretty scathing critique of our REST API
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 18:46:03 GMT
There is a whole thread linked to the initial post. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

D.

________________________________

From: Vassil Dichev [mailto:vdichev@gmail.com]
Sent: Sun 12/21/2008 19:28
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Pretty scathing critique of our REST API

AFAICT, this has nothing to do with the technical merits of the
application, but rather with the correctness of the term. The name is
the easiest thing to fix. ESME might not be using the name "REST"
correctly in the strictest sense, but neither are most of the popular
"terms", such as Ajax.

I don't want to sound dismissive, but I've seen more scathing remarks
about the correctness of REST:
http://java.dzone.com/articles/rest-http

BTW, where can I see the response in the yahoo group?

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Hirsch, Richard
<richard.hirsch@siemens.com> wrote:
> Please read the whole thread from the yahoo group message. I've commented and ask them
to join the conversation at esme-dev.