From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: ESME Website for Apache
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:54:22 GMT
Hi Bertrand,

I've uploaded the forrest site: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-2

Thanks.

Dick

________________________________

Von: bdelacretaz@gmail.com im Auftrag von Bertrand Delacretaz
Gesendet: Do 12/11/2008 09:43
An: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: ESME Website for Apache

Hi Dick,

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Hirsch, Richard
<richard.hirsch@siemens.com> wrote:
> Obviously as I am not yet a committer, I don't have direct access to the ESME svn....

Everyone has read access to the Apache ESME svn under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/trunk - you cannot
write there but you can read, and prepare patches in your local
sandbox using "svn add" and "svn diff".

>.. Since I don't think there is currently a committer from ESME team, can someone else
> add the Forrest code to the svn...

That's the idea, and it's best to attach code to a JIRA issue, as that
allows you to tick the "grant Apache persmission to use that code"
box.

> ...Should the patch just be the Forrest files in a Zip file?...

That would work, as the current tree for the website is empty.

> ...Does sling publish the files automatically?...

Not sure what you mean - if you were to create a website with Sling
you'd need to run your own crawler to convert the result to static
files. Forrest does that automatically, and the website source is
files as well, so it's a good tool for such things

-Bertrand