From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: [ESME-dev] ESME broken until end of day Wednesday
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2008 15:25:46 GMT
David.

No problem. Is there some way to move the strings in ESME into language-dependent resource
files. We have enough different languages in the team that we could very easily create language-dependent
versions.

Are you going to move both "esme-air" and  "esme-lift" trunks to apache or just "esme-lift"?

Good to know that you are going to be changing the UI code- I'll tell my colleagues to wait
before doing any changes. They were starting to consider changing colors to match "our color
scheme".

D.

________________________________

From: esme-dev@googlegroups.com on behalf of David Pollak
Sent: Sun 12/7/2008 15:33
To: esme-dev@googlegroups.com; esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [ESME-dev] ESME broken until end of day Wednesday

Folks,

I've recently made breaking changes to Lift.  Normally, I try to keep ESME up to date with
breaking changes in Lift.  In this case, because we're migrating the code from Google Code
to Apache and because there are a ton of changes I need to make to ESME to extract and encapsulate
the UI code, I'm going to do a bunch of things on Wednesday 12/10:

*	Bring ESME in sync with the latest Lift
*	Move the ESME server code over to the Apache repository
*	Remove the existing UI code and replace it with something far more generic and templatable.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

David

PS -- As a few people have noted, I've got an ESME project over on GitHub.  I did this because
I find that Git's branching is a lot more flexible for playing with things.  I meant this
to be a sandbox/playground for ESME experimentation, especially as I roll federation into
ESME.

--
Lift, the simply functional web framework http://liftweb.net <http://liftweb.net/>
Collaborative Task Management http://much4.us <http://much4.us/>