From Jens Breitenstein <mailingl...@j-b-s.de>
Subject Bean handling in 1:n relationships or joins
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 17:07:25 GMT
Hi all!

I have to admit I am pretty new to empire-db but feel quite confortable
with it...
Finally I got the Bean mapping working for single tables and I now get
stuck in how to handle joins correctly...

Assume a simple relationship between a document and a user (where the
users-pk is part of the documents as fk to indicate a relation "document
is owned by user").
Using the getBeanList method it seems only possible to convert a "root"
element (in my case the document) but not any referenced element
automatically?
If I am wrong can someone explain me how I can retrieve a "document"
having a fully instantiated "user" element instead of just an FK?
Or do I have to read the user record manually and the bean handling does
not support joined objects at all?

thanks in advance

Jens