From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: Inserting Chinese character record to DB
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 08:19:42 GMT
Hi Ben,

I don't know for sure but it may be a good idea to tell Empire-db to use prepared statements.

Simply write:

db.setPreparedStatementsEnabled(true);

in your initialization code.

Please let us know whether this works and tell us which DBMS and JDBC-Driver you are using.

Regards

Rainer

from: Ben Ng [mailto:cnj125@gmail.com]
to: empire-db-user@incubator.apache.org
re: Re: Inserting Chinese character record to DB

Hi Empire-DB team,

I am trying to insert a record with Chinese character from my JSP page.
The encoding is set to UTF-8 already and I am trying to insert the record by the code below
where "remarks" is a string contain Chinese characters.

DBRecord rec = new DBRecord();
rec.create(db.REQUESTS);
rec.setValue(db.REQUESTS.REMARKS, remarks);
rec.update(conn);

After inserting the record, the data of the field REMARKS become "???".

I tried to use traditional method(PreparedStatement) to insert this record by using the same
db and connection.
The data can be inserted correctly.
Is there any step I have missed in my code so it can support UTF-8?

I really appreciate for what your team have done. Thanks a lot.

Thanks & Regards,
Ben