From Eike Kettner <n...@eknet.org>
Subject Serialization of EmpireException
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:31:55 GMT

Hello,

I was trying to serialize EmpireException but ran into an error.
EmpireException is marked as Serializable (extending RuntimeException)
but it holds references to ErrorObject and ErrorType which are not
serializable. Hence a NotSerializableException is thrown.

When asking this, I like to ask whether there is a thought about making
some model objects like DBRowset DBTable etc serializable. Since most or all
DBXyz objects hold model information only it should be okay for them to
be serializable, imho? I use messaging and often Apache Wicket which
both use serialization, that's why I'm asking this. (For example, I'd
like to pass around where and order-by expressions).

Kind Regards,
Eike