incubator-empire-db-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: getTitle() or getName()
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:48:02 GMT
Hi Alain,

thanks for your commendation of our little project.
We are certainly significantly different from other database access solutions and it's good
to see that other people share our enthusiasm for this approach.

About the getTitle() in DBRowSet.updateRecord:
This is indeed a (minor) bug - thanks for reporting it.
The getName() function delivers the physical name whereas getTitle() is an optional attribute
that may be set to supply a logical name.

I will fix this bug immediately.

Best regards
Rainer


Alain Becam wrote:
> from: Alain Becam [mailto:Alain.Becam@embl.de]
> to: empire-db-user@incubator.apache.org
> re: getTitle() or getName()
> 
> Hello,
>      I have just discovered EmpireDB some weeks ago, and start to use it
> for our next implementation. Thank you for this nice work, I am very
> impressed by such a good KISS approach (especially of course the pure
> POJO, no String-literal approach, which is extremely handy for
> "SQL-centric" applications).
> 
> Then I am migrating some of our table, and it appeared that a field was
> null for a required columns (the primary key ;) ). And I got the
> message: "The value for field null must not be null."
> 
> If I actually replace the getTitle() in DBRowSet.updateRecord by
> getName() I get the column name:
> 
>                       else if (primaryKey!=null &&
> primaryKey.contains(col))
>                       {   // All primary key fields must be supplied
> -                        return error(DBErrors.FieldNotNull,
> col.getTitle());
> +                        return error(DBErrors.FieldNotNull,
> "(updateRecord: part of primary key) " + col.getName());
>                       }
>                       else if (col.isRequired())
>                       {   // Error Column is required!
> -                        return error(DBErrors.FieldNotNull,
> col.getTitle());
> +                        return error(DBErrors.FieldNotNull,
> "(updateRecord: required) " + col.getName());
>                       }
> 
> I wonder if there is something I am missing here.
> 
> Cheers,
>    Alain

Mime
View raw message