From Andreas Fink <a...@andreasfink.com>
Subject Re: Is Empire-DB Ready for Production Use?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 00:36:52 GMT

On Dec 14, 2010, at 9:21 PM, Pat Nolan, Jr. wrote:

> Hi Gents, I recently came across this project and I'm very excited to prototype it for
a commercial product that we are building. Would you say this project is ready to be used
in a production setting? Also, could anyone comment on the level of support for PostgreSQL
BLOBs (oid and bytea)? I didn't see anything in the Wiki or project site that addresses these
questions, so I'd thought I'd turn to the list for answers. I would MUCH rather use this tool
than Hibernate. Thanks!!

Hi Pat.

We (as in http://www.trendlink.com/ ) use empire-db/postgres in production since one year
(not facing the customer/web side though) and never had any problems.
We are using "DataType.INTEGER"/"bigint" for primary keys and we used "bytea" to store snapshots
of our model, via plain java serialization (now it is "text" as we store an xml representation).
Our selects are fairly simple, we never used outer joins, stored procedures or other exotica.

Cheers,
Andi.

--
web:   http://andreasfink.com/