From Alain Becam <Alain.Be...@embl.de>
Subject getTitle() or getName()
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:22:55 GMT
Hello,
     I have just discovered EmpireDB some weeks ago, and start to use it
for our next implementation. Thank you for this nice work, I am very
impressed by such a good KISS approach (especially of course the pure
POJO, no String-literal approach, which is extremely handy for
"SQL-centric" applications).

Then I am migrating some of our table, and it appeared that a field was
null for a required columns (the primary key ;) ). And I got the
message: "The value for field null must not be null."

If I actually replace the getTitle() in DBRowSet.updateRecord by
getName() I get the column name:

                      else if (primaryKey!=null && primaryKey.contains(col))
                      {   // All primary key fields must be supplied
-                        return error(DBErrors.FieldNotNull,
col.getTitle());
+                        return error(DBErrors.FieldNotNull,
"(updateRecord: part of primary key) " + col.getName());
                      }
                      else if (col.isRequired())
                      {   // Error Column is required!
-                        return error(DBErrors.FieldNotNull,
col.getTitle());
+                        return error(DBErrors.FieldNotNull,
"(updateRecord: required) " + col.getName());
                      }

I wonder if there is something I am missing here.

Cheers,
   Alain