From Eike Kettner <n...@eknet.org>
Subject Re: how to use bigint integers
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 08:58:46 GMT
Hello,

here is the patch. I modified the appendColumnDesc() method of the
postgresql and derby driver so it suits my needs. I ran some example
code against postgresql 8.4.5 and apache derby 10.6.2 - created the
database, inserted some data and executed some selects.

hope this is of some help.

kind regards,
Eike

On [Wed, 22.12.2010 16:01], Rainer Döbele wrote:
> Hi Eike,
>
> your suggested solution is exactly the one I would recommend.
> (Besides I would suggest to make the condition "size>=8" rather than "size==8")
>
> I cannot test postgre SQL, but if you send us your implementation of appendColumnDesc
we will check it and change our implementation accordingly.

--
email: eike@eknet.org   https://www.eknet.org  pgp: 481161A0