From DEVELA Brent <brent.dev...@diva.co.jp>
Subject Problem with Date DataType format in Oracle
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 06:43:07 GMT
Hi All,

Nice to be here! I am having an issue executing a BaseRecord#.update() method whenever a DBTable
has a DataType.DateTime DBTableColumn in Oracle. The Oracle database I use only accepts the
string format 'dd-MMM-yy hh:mm:ss a' (e.g. '08-SEP-10 01:55:45 PM') and recognizes it properly.
However, the update method of empire db generates a date format 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS'
(e.g. 2010-09-08 13:55:45.0) and this throws an exception. I have no problem reading from
the database but insert/updates currently doesn't work.

Question: How do I change the format of the SQL query generated by empire-db so that it will
match to what is accepted by the Oracle database? I tried changing the regional settings of
my machine (Windows 7) and it still generates the same format.

Thanks,

Brent